Friday, January 27, 2012

Just a little whistle

Well it's official....Ava learned to whistle.  This kid has been wanting to whistle forever.  She's extremely proud of herself.  As the day went on her whistle got stronger and she became more and more excited.  Funny how something so small can be such a big deal.  I think it's a little depressing.  First if was talking, then walking....now whistling?  I know she has to get bigger but gee....  I wish I could freeze her at this age.  Today I thought about what it'll be like in the fall when she starts kindergarten.  I don't want my baby to get big.  Next thing you know she'll want to drive a car....OY.  I love it that she still wants to (on very rare occasion) crawl in my lap and snuggle.  I love the "baby talk" or phrases she still uses like "I want a dinkadink of chocolate milk".  Dinkadink = a cup (that's how she referred to a bottle).  Maybe I'm afraid that my want to be needed will start to fade.  It's surely disappearing from Lauren aka Miss. Independent.  I love these days even though they're crazy busy and I'm usually acting like a mad woman.  Watching Lauren grow has shown me how quickly these years will pass and soon I'll be an old lady sitting around in my nightgown waiting for them to come home from a night out.  OY!  Who knew a whistle could put me in such a funk?  Oh well....what can you do?  Well that's my dose of daily depression.  I'm going to go kiss those sweet little marshmallow cheeks while she's sleeping.  xoxo my little whistler.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sugarplum,

    Love the blog. Treasure these days because they can't ever be replaced. BUT know that the few special moments you share with your teenage daughter(s) is even more precious because they aren't as often. So, there is a small light but be careful cause it is so easy to turn it off. Love you! Mary

    ReplyDelete