Monday, December 31, 2012

And it's over.....

New Years Eve.  I hate this day.  I don't know why, but it's my least favorite day of the year.  I don't care for December in general.  My birthday, Christmas, New Years....I should love all the things this month holds.....but I don't.  I think that I think it's sad.  I get older and I don't adore change.  Whatever.  Time.....ya can't stop it, so I'll recap it.

January....2012 started off by Lauren saying farewell to private school.  IDK.  There will always be a part of me that regrets it.  It always felt safe there.  But quite frankly the bullshit that accompanied it wasn't worth it anymore.  I miss interacting with certain people, but oddly enough the ones I loved the most I still talk to.  I do miss all the peeps knowing my name.  Nobody calls me "Mrs. B" anymore.  Nobody at the new school even knows my name.  Again....maybe it's better that way.

February....I don't particularly remember.  No seriously.  My memory isn't worth shit anymore.  Nick tells me things sometimes and I have no clue what he's talking about.  Kinda freaks me out.  I think it was a leap year?  If something important happened the only way I'd know is if I referenced FB.

March....My baby Lauren turned 10.  I'm still digesting that.  How did that happen?  She still likes me like 70% of the time but that's fading.  (she just read this and said the 70% of the time isn't true).

April....Lucas was born.  Oh my sweet boy.  Thanks for tolerating all my pics.  But OMG isn't he the cutest?  I'm so in love with that baby.  I take being the little mans godmother seriously.  I will spoil him until the day I die. 

May....My Tootie graduated from preschool.  She seemed to be quite entertaining the entire school year.  She even got honorable mention during the ceremony about ruby slippers.  She IS Dorothy.

June....Summer.  I adore summer for everything it has to offer.  Ava also turned 5.  June also happens to be my favorite month of the year.  I wish it would never end. 

July....Florida.  OMG...that trip was a trip.  I still don't know what to think about it.  I don't think I even blogged about it.  The never-ending car ride there with the throwing up (Ava).  Ava going into an illness everyday (apparently homesick).  It was stressful.  My poor sister will never go on a vacation with us again.  I loved watching Ava's reaction to the ocean for the first time and Lauren fall in love with it again.  Nick and I also celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary.  Wowzers....I think I deserve diamonds or something.

August....Back to school.  Mother wasn't happy about this one.  Ava was off to kindergarten and Lauren to 5th grade.  I won't lie.  It was one of the hardest days EVER.  Thankfully she adjusted and Lauren...well she adjusts to just about anything.  Turns out those Fridays to myself are pretty nice too. 

September....Beginning of the month lots of fam from TX and UT came to visit.  Sweet little Eliza made her St. Louis debut.  OMG she's sooooo cute.  I wonder if we could bribe my cousin Rachael to send her back to us.  End of the month...Lucas and I became Godmomma/Godson <3.

October....SAN FRANCISCO!  I loved San Fran.  I loved spending so much time with my BF Carrie.  I never blogged about all of our adventures and I totally should have.  From the Nelly sighting at Lambert, the plane ride, the afternoon adventures, the nightlife, the Cards games, the venture to Haight and Ashbury and all the way to Mission Street.  Loved, loved, loved it.  And turns out Carrie and I could travel the world together.  She really is one of my best friends and am so glad we spent so much time together. 

November.....Whaaaaa?  It was like 2 months ago, or a month ago.  IDK.  I just remember Obama being reelected.  No shock....I was in favor.  Love or hate...doesn't matter.  Some people take this shit way to seriously.  Ultimately we're not in control so make the best and move on.  What else happened?  I painted the kitchen chairs, and still haven't finished them.  Slacker.

December....I turned 35.  30freakingfive.  It feels so old.  Like sooner or later some of the shit I pull isn't going to be acceptable.  WTF?  I don't want to be old, I don't wanna die either so I guess we'll move onto 36.  Oy that's old. 

Now after I read that it seems that it was a pretty boring year.  I swear it was entertaining from time to time.  I just read it again and it was still boring.  Shit.  I'll try to liven it up a bit in 2013. 

So Happy New Year friends.  I hope that 2013 treats you all with kindness and love.

xoxo
sugarplum

No comments:

Post a Comment